Saturday, April 26, 2008

#33 Maps: Relocating with Online Maps

Activity 1:
Using Apartments.com found apartment close to work (.8 miles) which allows pets. The street/satellite map was most helpful. A visual view puts the distance in perspective. Several apartment complexes seemed suitable.

Activity 2: I selected Oaks of Wimbledon,16414 Stuebner Airline Rd.,Spring, TX 77379,
(866)277-9049.I checked nearby places using Walk Score(http://www.walkscore.com); The score was 68 out of 100 which meet my needs with some stores and amenities are within walking distance, with many everyday trips still require a bike, public transportation, or car. KISD school district, HEB, Pauls Pizza, and proximity to work are highly attractive features for this choice. Apartments.com worked the best for me and my criteria and was very easy to use.