Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wellness # 41: Going Green - Part 1

Wellness#41
After viewing the three carbon footprint calculators I was not surprised of the large carbon footprint my family creates. National Wildlife Federation
Yahoo! GreenThe Green Team. I suspect in my neighborhood there are similar results. It makes sense that if we all did something green it would make a hugh difference.

Houston Farmers MarketLocal HarvestUrban Harvest
Activity 2: I have visited the Houston Farmers Market on and off for at least the last 20 years. Now with gas prices it is harder to justify the extra cost to get to and fro. The veggies/fruits grown locally tastes much fresher and the colors were more vibrant. It is smart to support the local farmers / local economy, and uses less transportation cost. I found the 43 fruit/veggie list of pesticide load very interesting. I did not have any idea 'peaches' were at the top of the list with apples second. Bummer!

No comments: